The Lord has really blessed our school and the learning that has taken place here this past year, and it is my prayer that the Lord will continue to bless us as we try to meet the needs of each of our children. Our children have been able to continue to develop the morals, values, study habits and work ethic that they will take with them the rest of their lives. They have also made tremendous strides academically, but most importantly they have been able to spend another year growing in the faith and knowledge of their Savior, Jesus Christ.
Registration for Zion Lutheran School is now officially open for the 2017/18 school year. Below is a registration form which needs to be returned to the school office by March 24, 2017. Your early registration helps us pray, plan, prepare, and provide for your child for the upcoming school year.
The yearly fees for the 2017/18 school year will remain the same at $755 for tuition and $300 for registration. Below is the attached tuition and registration agreement. Please read, sign, and return them with a minimal $50 non-refundable deposit by March 24, 2017.
Zion will continue to offer an after school care program next year. The aftercare will start at the end of the school day until 6pm. The cost for the aftercare program is $8. These fees are per child, per day.
We are also going to offer a summer care program again this year. If you are interested in utilizing our summer care program, please let us know and Lacie will contact you with more information.
Included with the registration form is a yellow form for the Bay City Public Schools Bus Transportation Department. Each child in your family must have a form filled out for the bus garage. The form must be returned to the bus garage by June 1st. Zion will collect bus forms until May 25, 2017 and take them to the garage. After May 25th the forms will be the responsibility of the parents. If the form is not returned to the bus garage by June 1, 2017, your child/children will not be placed on a bus.
A few highlights for you to know for the new school year…
- School will start at 8am; doors will be open at 7:30am for students to enter their classrooms.
- School will end at 3pm.
- Orientation day will be Thursday, August 17, 2017.
- While the calendar has not been officially set for the next school year, I can share that school will begin on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 and end Wednesday, June 6, 2018. The new calendar will closely reflect this year’s calendar.
Thank you once again for your support and prayers for Zion Lutheran School and our mission. God’s blessings to you in your registration decisions for your child’s 2017/18 school year.
- Student Handbook
- School Volunteers Form
- Volunteer Handbook
- Parochial-Day Care Transportation Form
- Student Registration Form, Tuition and Registration Agreement
Applying for enrollment is an easy process. Please follow the following steps.
- Fill out the New Student Registration Form
- Call for an appointment to meet the principal/administrator. The purpose of the appointment is to visit the school, answer any questions you may have, and to perhaps meet other people associated with Zion Lutheran School.
- Once enrollment forms are completed, your son, daughter, or children will be given a brief test to indicate where your child/children are in the learning process. The test will be administered at your convenience.
- Parents and students (grades Kindergarten through eight) will then be visited by teachers for your child/children.